The Serene Pre-Amp is here!
Currently production time is estimated for about 5-6 weeks from time you place your order. We appreciate your patience and understanding. We will likely deliver before this time, but this is an estimate for new orders. Inventory shown on the website is to control sales volume only.
Here at Kitsune HiFi, we have two build specs. of the Serene Preamp.
Prices are as follows for Serene lineup:
Serene (standard model) = $2698.00 + S&H
KTE Serene = $ 3098.00 + S&H
As of April 2020 shipping costs on all HOLO Audio products have gone up significantly due to COVID19. This is out of our control.
Serene Product Description:
A new generation of fully discrete preamplifiers.
- The Serene “晴” adopts a true and fully-balanced design from end to end, with 4 sets of channels, left and right channels each form a fully-discrete design, each channel has two fully-discrete and separate amplification modules to complete buffering and amplification (attenuation) functions. For a total of 8 amplification modules.
- The 8 amplification modules of Serene “晴” are of a fully discrete design. The shortcomings of the transistor itself are solved through structural design and implementation. Its tone can exceed the limitations of traditional transistors. Using significant amounts of paired transistors delivers superior linearity and also has the advantages of electron tubes and transistors at the same time. Its tone can exceed the limitations of traditional
- Serene’s “晴” power supply is a completely independent structure from the secondary transformer. This is a dual mono amplifier placed in a chassis, so it has a full frequency >130dB performance of channel separation, so that the sound field is perfectly reproduced.
- Serene “晴” volume control is a fully balanced stepping device controlled by relay-controlled gain stage. Relays are the finest quality with Silver Palladium (AgPd) Gold Plated contacts. For a total of 84 steps, each step is 1db volume, and provides a volume control from -78dB to +6dB. Its advantage is that it has ultra low noise and can be accurately controlled at low volume without causing the phenomenon of left and right channels having unmatched levels. The matching degree of left and right channels in all volume ranges are within +/-0.1dB.
Serene L1(Standard) and L2(KTE):
Standard Model includes:
- 7N copper, round wire O-type transformer, which was used in the Spring 2 (non-KTE)
- Standard copper hook-up wire
- Schurter Gold Fuse, same fuse used in Spring 2/May (non-KTE)
- Standard capacitors / HoloAudio, audio grade capacitors
- CNC Aluminum Remote Control
KTE Serene Model includes:
- Flat copper wire O-type transformer which was also used in the Holo Audio May DAC.
- Pure silver wire from IEC to power board w/Silver Rhodium plated Faston connectors
- Red nano fuse we used in the HOLO Audio May KTE.
- Holo audio caps and a 7N O-type transformer
- 4pcs 5uF/350V Bi-polarized AudioNote Kaisei capacitors.
- CNC Aluminum Remote Control
- KTE emblem on top of chassis
Info on Red Nano Fuse type used:
|Single-ended RCA input (QTY 3)
|Maximum amplitude 12Vpp
|Input impedance 6.8KΩ
|Balanced XLR input (QTY 2)
|Maximum amplitude 24Vpp
|Input impedance 13.6KΩ
|Single-ended RCA output
|Maximum amplitude 8.5Vrms
|Output impedance 20Ω
|Balanced XLR output 1 (this can actually be used to power headphones from this output using adapter that is dual 3pin F XLR to single 4pin F XLR)
|Maximum amplitude 17Vrms
|Output impedance 3Ω
|Balanced XLR output 2
|Maximum amplitude 17Vrms
|Output impedance 40Ω
|430x300x55mm / 16.93×11.81×2.17inches (W x L x H, Dimensions do not include protruding parts）
|Power Input (configurable, see label on bottom of unit for specified input）
|220-230V 50/60Hz – Fuse Type 2A SB 5x20mm
|110-115V 50/60Hz – Fuse Type 4A SB 5x20mm
DOWNLOAD Serene Manual HERE
WARRANTY – 3 years warranty, both parts and labor, coverage of one way shipping (return shipping at cost to seller once product is confirmed as a warranty claim issue). Be sure to buy directly from HoloAudio or authorized reseller, we recommend purchasing from HoloAudioUSA<– this is KitsuneHiFi 😉 – Support is given from where you choose to purchase.
This is special order item (will show “in stock” if able to order, this means we have the parts available for this Pre-Amp. and the order can be placed), expect a typical 5 – 6 weeks (estimated) delivery time to USA customers.
( Items listed in-stock are NOT ready to ship, this means we have enough components on hand to build them)
We are working our best to keep up with demand. You will get estimated time for production and shipping with your order.
We will give you a current estimate upon receipt of payment, if it is different than standard production time, as this is considered a special order item there will be no cancellations or refunds if 48 hours past date of order placement. This product has multiple levels of quality control testing before it is shipped to you and is guaranteed to not be DOA. We are confident you’ll be happy with your purchase.
Holidays may impact delivery dates, including Chinese new year, which will add an additional 2 weeks to production and shipping time. This is out of our control due to parts sourcing delays. HoloAudio products are assembled in China and shipped out from HK.
Non-USA and Non-Standard AC Models:
NON USA/CAN customers please contact us for quote on shipping costs. Shipping estimates vary, please email us for a current quote.
“NOTE FOR NON-USA/CAN Customers: Be sure to say in notes what volt ac model you need, USA is 110 volt ac standard etc. (ie: 220/230/240V) – Also note if you ask for special voltage transformer that it can delay your order up to a week of additional time.”
Please include your full shipping address (clearly include and label information such as province, districts, cities, towns, zip/area codes, etc.) and phone number along with voltage requirements when requesting to order this Pre-Amp. Note: Delays will occur, if your shipping address is rejected upon invoice creation as these orders are manually created.
The same terms apply and estimated production times quoted above. Shipping times may vary by country/location of shipment.
To place an international order with us, USE our contact form… and then please provide the following information: Full Name, Phone Number, Shipping Address, Email Address to send Paypal Invoice to, and detailed list of products you would like to order and voltage requirement if applicable.
(We ship to most items to areas in the world except HoloAudio products we do not ship to EUROPE/UK/MIDDLEEAST/RUSSIA/AFRICA/INDIA/SA etc etc… Primarily we ship to NA and JAPAN but you can inquire if you do not have a dealer near you. (Below is a list of our dealers, please contact them if you are in the country they are located in)
if you are in Europe/UK and potential other areas nearby, please contact our European Authorized HoloAudio Dealer for the best service and support in your area, Magnahifi.com
If you are in South Korea, please contact our dealer in South Korea – SonorisAudio
If you are in India , please contact Vividhifi, your source for HoloAudio in India.
If you are in Australia, please contact IndiHifi.com.au, your source for HoloAudio in Australia
Kitsune HiFi carefully chooses products that we want to offer to our customers and be unique and/or stand out from all these audio supply stores. Jeff Zhu is a very talented engineer and is the brains behind HOLO Audio.
Tim & Dawn Connor – HoloAudioUSA and KitsuneHiFi
We operate under strict business ethics and principle values. Our company motto we are always proud to mention to our customers, “Time will tell…” and this means that our products will earn the respect in a matter of time once people get their chance to test it themselves. Many companies need fancy buzz words and marketing to sell their products, we truly only need our customers to try our products and share their experience with others. Word of mouth is how our business thrives and we have many happy customers! We encourage others to try all the competition in the market and directly compare and see what type of value you are receiving. We are confident in our products and know that in time, our products will sell themselves once people get a chance to try them. We offer tremendous value and quality without sacrificing on performance.
Jeff Zhu – HoloAudio – founder/engineer
Jeff Zhu is the man behind this engineering achievement. Below are some comments that have been shared by Jeff to better explain this DAC in his own words. HoloAudio is founded by Jeff Zhu and the USA division was a partnership formed with Tim Connor and his wife, Dawn Connor
Our products are CE Certified for the European Market